Friday, December 28, 2007

These Are A Few Of Our Favorite Things


I LOVE my blanket
Originally uploaded by mskat

I've spent the past two weeks trying to think of what direction I want this blog to go. I have lots of partially written posts in my head (about mommy-and-me yoga or about diapering), what I really want to write about at least in January is about what life is like with a kid or kids in the ICU.

But before we go there, I am going to do a roundup of things that our family has found to be particularly wonderful.

I don't have time tonight to elucidate on what these are. But I will post an annotated list tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this picture of Little Man who is obviously enjoying his blankey.

Let me tell you about the blankey. This blankey was originally donated to his sister on a recent stay at UCLA's PICU. We took it home to wash it and it never made it back to Boo. We took it on our recent long road trip to Idaho. And let me tell you, it was a life saver.

The blanket was made by MACC Designs.Of course if you go to that website, it's a redirect to its sister site. While they don't have this exact blanket, they have similar ones.

On one side is faux cowhide and the other is orange fake fur. The blanket, frankly, is ugly. But Little Man adores it. It's incredibly soft. The orange fur doesn't shed. At a little less than a yard on both sides, it's a good size for grippy hands.

Little Man loves to ball it up and chew on it, so the washable nature is fantastic. It was a hit. This ugly cow blanket is now his favorite. And what Little Man likes, we are all grateful for.

No comments: