Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Speaking of Good Carriers


hee, I'm a mermaid
Originally uploaded by shiras

This is the Sherpani Rumba, with Little Man modeling it. The five point harness is super handy (K turned her ankle and went down while wearing it and Little Man's response was only, "Do it again, Mom! That's fun!")

I like it quite well and it seems very secure. One issue though is that he rides much higher which means my center of gravity goes kerblonky, but that's a small price to pay.

Maybe, though, this will get me hiking more.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Clarification - it's the Rumba Superlight. Not as much storage space, but barely half the weight of the regular Rumba.

Katie said...

Let me tell you.. he thought mom's crash was the best ride ever. Another issue....us shortys have to remember that the boy is above our heads. I got him with a tree. I looked back and the boy's hat is all kerwanky and he has a fist full of leaves. Oops. Sorry little man.

Unknown said...

>I looked back and the boy's hat is all kerwanky and he has a fist full of leaves.

Yay leaves! Mebbe he should wear a helmet.

Julie SB said...

I love that he's hiking already. G. is at a climbing gym and I'm too prego to wear most of my winter clothes so seeing your baby hiking trips is perfect. I've hit A. with branches and carried him on my hip while dragging the kid backpack behind me as G. "guided" us through some uncharted part of the Punchbowl. Fun, but not fun. Cute pictures. Probably no helmet needed but maybe sunglasses to protect the eyes.