Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cooking for Baby

Let me preface this post with the fact that I'm on a diet. I eat an egg and toast for breakfast, then a salad with chicken for lunch and dinner.

I do cook for the baby though. To wit, some of his recent meals have included zucchini and millet with basil, mushrooms and barley, roasted red pepper and goat cheese, carrots and ginger with quinoa, asparagus and onions, pureed. He also gets grilled chicken (food milled to a consistency he can handle), occasional grilled steak, fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries.

The Cooking for Baby book from Williams-Sonoma has offered lots of good ideas, but it's surprisingly easy to cook for the little one.

I would love to have had the Bebea steamer/heater/chopper thing, but the truth remains that it's not that hard. We steam lots of vege for the boy. Depending on the texture I either food process or hand foodmill it and then we freeze it.

It's surprisingly satisfying. And, for the record, Little Man wholeheartedly approves of goat cheese. We can't wait to try Armenian String Cheese next.

No comments: