Whatchu Talkin' 'Bout, Santa?
Originally uploaded by mskat
On Saturday, we took the twins to see Santa. There are, as ever, myriad issues with this.
1. Saturday was day three of a giant storm system. We went to the Americana because they have a nice Santa House. The Americana it outdoors. We got wet. The upside? No one goes to see Santa in torrential rain so we were first in line for Santa's 9:00 AM opening.
2. Santa didn't arrive on time. Apparently the rain + the first day of 9 AM openings was too much to handle.
3. Katie and I both kept thinking of David Sedaris's Santaland Diaries while we were there. Which makes me giggle.
4. I told Noah that Santa didn't exist. So what's with the hypocrisy of seeing Santa? I don't know. Plus, he doesn't believe me anyway.
5. Neither kid really performs on demand, as the pictures reflect. This is actually sad as both kids are tiny with GIANT heads which would be perfect for a film career at a later date.
6. Santa is pricey. I do like that you get your photos on a flash drive, though.